Inventory and Booking Manager for Rental Business is a spreadsheet that is created specifically for small business owners who own rental businesses. It is created particularly for equipment rental businesses, but it can fit any type of rental businesses in simplified form. Thus, It will help you managing your inventory as well as recording your booking. So, With this spreadsheet, you can monitor your current inventory any time.
Idea of creating this spreadsheet was from one client who get frustrate when he has to deliver rented item and miscalculate the quantity that he has to deliver. Fortunately, he has friends who are in similar business to borrow the item for fulfilling the order. The problem arose because he was to manage it manually. Also, He has a spreadsheet, but he calculate all inventory and arrange booking manually. So, He ask me to tidy his spreadsheet, but, instead of tidying up his, I created a new spreadsheet for his needs.
Okay, what kind of rental businesses that might suit with this inventory and booking manager for rental business? Almost all. Several businesses that come to my minds are :
- Costumes. Any parties require costume, especially if the parties have particular themes, like Halloween, superhero, cartoon etc. If you are managing this type of business, you can use this particular spreadsheet to manage both inventory and booking to make sure your customers get their costumes at particular time.
- Wedding. Also, From small to big wedding events, there are plenty of items needs for rent – tables, chairs, flowers, stage, costumes, etc.
- Catering. Plenty of cooking and dishes equipment are needed in any type of events.
- Presentation. So, Presentation projectors, laptops, tabs, monitors, computers, are some of item to be rented.
- Exhibition. Exhibition booths including its accessories are item that must prepare by exhibitors.
- Music events and instruments. Also, Stage and sound systems, guitars, instruments.
- Party Supplies. Tableware, linens, tables, chairs, tent, catering equipment, etc.
- Medical Equipment. Hospital beds, wheelchairs, etc.
- Consumer Electronics. Gadgets. cameras, laptop, televisions, projectors, printers et
- Travel and Leisure. Surfing boards, bicycles, motorbikes, etc.
- And many more…
In conclusion, as long as your interest is to get the update of your current inventory and organize your booking, then this spreadsheet is your solution.
Moreover, You can develop this inventory manager spreadsheet to accommodate your specific needs. For example, you can add chart to see the performance of your business, or you can add invoice worksheet to make integrate your invoice management within one single spreadsheet.
1. 365 Days Inventory Management
You can manage and track your inventory in one full year period
2. 150 lines of inventory item (expandable)
There are up to 150 inventory items rows that can fill
3. 250 lines of Purchase, Broken, Lost, Repaired inventory item (expandable)
There are up to 250 lines where you can update quantity of your rental inventory item
4. 2000 lines of Booking Transaction (expandable)
There are 2000 rows to input any bookings to be mapped in Booking Summary tab
5. 365 Days Booking Summary with Inventory Stock Marker
Also, There is a booking summary to see rent and remaining item quantity for one full year period
6. All worksheets are unlocked to fully tweaking the formula and customizing its layout
Hence, You can put your company logo, name, adjust columns and rows, add more worksheets for your specific needs, or tweak formulas, add charts, create dashboards, etc (you need excel knowledge to do this)
7. Customer Data individual worksheet
Therefore, There is one worksheet to record customer information
8. Supplier Data individual worksheet
Henceforth, There is one worksheet to record supplier information
9. Compatibility across Excel version and Operating System
Above all, You can use this spreadsheet with Excel 2010 for Windows and above and Excel 2008 for Mac and above without having incompatibility issues
10. Multi User License (within one Company)
Any employees are allowed to use this spreadsheet as long as they are working within one company
11. One time payment only
You can use it every year without additional cost