Looking for hiring new help? Use our free employment application form template helps you find the right new hire. You can print as many copies as you want, or use it as a guide to create a more specific application form for your company. This basic job application form template will work for most job screening needs.
Application for employment
Use the information gathered on these forms to identify promising applicants. However to ask additional questions and to follow-up with the references and past employers.
Here are some tips which will help you find and hire the right employee:
- Be Prepared – Make sure you are all prepared to hire a new employee including job description. Also understanding of pay ranges and benefits and legal issues.
- Use References – If you collect references, use them. Making quick phone calls can be very revealing.
- Ask Probing Questions – Make sure you ask detail questions about education, prior work experience and skill sets of the employee to help verify the information.
- Cultural Fit – Work to ensure that applicant will fit in with the culture of the company rather than be disruptive.
- Toe the line – Make sure you stay in touch with federal and state regulations including E-Verify, new hire reporting and taxes.
- Face Time – For jobs that require more skills, consider having more than one person to interview the applicant.
- Trial Periods – Don’t be afraid to hire for a 30 day trial period work. This trial time will give you the insight you need, but still allow you to part company if things aren’t working out well. (Make sure you get the proper legal language in the employment contract).