This template is design to create a yearly lesson schedule for Sunday school class with multiple teachers. It helps the teachers plan in teaching and prepare schedule of lesson each week. A simple list to create very easily using Word or some other text editor, but this template is customize using Excel so that the dates can enter automatically. Using this version is probably the most convenient way to share the schedule among the teachers.
How to prepare schedule of lesson?
The main purpose of this template is to help a group of teachers coordinate with each other who are teaching what lesson and when. Instructions to understand this
- Enter the Start date
- Choose which day of the week the lessons will be taught, using the drop-down list the Start date.
- Edit the hyperlink formula at the top to link to the online manual.
- Edit the Teachers list at the top of worksheet. This list will populate the drop-down boxes in the table.
- Plan what lessons will be taught and enter the lesson or topic in the table. Consult a calendar to check for holidays or other events that may interrupt the normal teaching lesson schedule. You may want to highlight these dates to avoid planning a lesson for that day.
- Send the schedule to the teachers and let them indicate in the “Unavailable” column which days they are unavailable. You can use initials or abbreviated names as required.
- After entering who is teaching which lesson, if you find out later that a teacher is going, the teacher can contact other teacher to ask if you can swap days.
The Day field at the top and the formulas in the Date column are design to handle weekly classes. For non-weekly classes or for a rotation not included in the drop-down list. You can enter dates manually into the lesson schedule.