Download complete excel template for annual manpower planning with examples. Strategic Workforce is vital process for manpower management to successfully run the business. Manpower planning is essential to find current resources quality, compare with the objective of the business or organization and conduct gap analysis. Basis which roadmap or plan for sourcing can be done. This model comes with dummy example for users to understand how to prepare manpower planning sheet.
Understanding Manpower Management
Strategic workforce planning is a holistic approach to analyze organization based on its wider goals and creating a detailed map of existing resources available and prepare for optimal resources for future growth. To be effective it’s a system which needs wider management buy-in.
Elements of Manpower Planning
There are various elements to Talent planning to complete your workforce for organization. However, all the elements can be guided and understood with the help of following pointers –
- Deciding strategically on the way forward to achieve desired goals.
- Build future plans and objectives.
- Analyze existing resources available workforce.
- Conduct a gap analysis prepare mitigation plans.
- Develop a complete plan and roadmap.
- Implement personnel planning.
- Monitor results and improvise.
There are 4 types of analysis involved in workforce planning
There can be various analysis useful to prepare a roadmap for workforce planning for any organization. However, below are 4 key analysis which can summarize all levels of results and data, a company might require –
- The supply analysis
- The demand analysis
- The Gap Analysis
- The solution analysis
Principles guiding manpower planning model
Manpower planning models are prepared with various objectives. However, there are some rooted principles which guides the overall concept behind workforce planning and its necessity for any organization. Some principles are listed below –
- Adapt to changes. With workforce planning, organizations may be better prepared to handle changes in demands or requirements by having a flexible, multi-talented workforce.
- Address inefficiencies within an organization and existing resources.
- improve quality of workforce and services.
- Improve employee retention strategy and keep workforce for longer duration in an organization.
- Provide professional development training and awareness programs.
- Reduce labor costs in a long run.
Generally, there are two types of workforce planning
- Strategic workforce planning
- Operational workforce planning
Features of this Personnel Planning Template
This template is useful for any business manager and HR Personnel because of the following features –
- It is useful for both strategic and operational workforce planning
- It comes with an example for users to quickly understand how to use this template.
- It covers all the principles of workforce planning
- It addresses all the key elements in a workforce planning model
- All the analysis highlighted above are inbuilt in this model.