Movers and Packers Checklist: Whether you are moving out of your home or an apartment, moving somewhere local or to another state, a Moving Checklist is an essential tool for planning. It’s no small task packing your things and keeping the whole process organized. This free printable moving checklist takes you step by step – from what to do 2 months in advance to the weeks following your move.
New home checklist
Create and print a checklist to take each step of the way to have a successful move. With this spreadsheet, you can add or remove items as required.
The list is fairly comprehensive, but if you find something important missing, just add.
Every move is different. While planning your move, decide how detailed you want your checklist to be and make the appropriate changes as per requirement.
6 Weeks Before moving into a new house
- Schedule the Movers. It’s finally time to schedule the packers and movers.
- Order All Moving Supplies.
- Make Travel Arrangements for.
- Contact Health Insurance Provider for yourself.
- Notify Schools of Your Move.
- Make Note of All Tax Deductible Moving Expenses.
- Check on Auto Insurance and Homeowners Insurance.
Moving to another state checklist
Now we are 30 days away from the big moving day. Sounds like a lot of time, but moving day will be here before we know it. The next 30 days are going to be the busiest days. Now we can finalize details. I tend to feel more comfortable with the moving process at this point. Typically, I have touched base with our moving company many a times. We have finalized our living arrangement in our new town at this point.
What You Need to Do Two Weeks Before You Move
- Arrange for a babysitter for the moving day.
- If you have pets, make their travel arrangements as well.
- Arrange your travel immediately
- Get your car fully checked and serviced beforehand.
- Prepare your car registration and insurance.
- Return all library books.