Inventory and Booking Manager for Rental Business is a spreadsheet that is created specifically for small business owners who own rental businesses. It is created particularly for equipment rental businesses, though it can fit any type of rental businesses but in simplified form. Thus, It will help you managing your inventory as well as recording your booking. With this spreadsheet, you can monitor your current inventory at any time.
Idea of creating this spreadsheet was coming from one client who gets frustrated when he has to deliver rented item and miscalculate the quantity that he has to deliver. Fortunately, he has friends who are in similar business to borrow the item for fulfilling the order. The problem arouse because he has to manage it manually. Also, He has a spreadsheet, but he calculated all inventory and arranged booking manually. He asked me to tidy his spreadsheet, but, instead of tidying up his, I created a new spreadsheet for his needs.
Inventory and Booking Manager
I tried to make it as simple as possible, but it should accommodate many more rental businesses. If you are in needs of this spreadsheet, I hope this spreadsheet should meet your perfect expectation.
The objective is to calculate remaining inventory based on initial, rented, and booked stocks. Plus, there are purchased stocks that should add particular item quantity and lost/broken stocks that can reduce the number of available quantity. I call this simple because it has no chart and calendar features like you see in particular reservation spreadsheet. But, it is very easy to use.
Okay, what kind of rental businesses that might suit with this inventory and booking manager for rental business? Almost every kind of. Several businesses that come to my minds are :
- Costumes. Any parties require costume, especially if those parties have particular themes, like Halloween, superhero, cartoon etc. So, If you are managing this type of business, you can use this spreadsheet to manage both inventory and booking to make sure your customers get their costumes at particular time.
- Wedding. From small to big wedding events, there are plenty of items needs to be rented – tables, chairs, flowers, stage, costumes, etc. can use this.
- Catering. Plenty of cooking and dishes equipment are needed in any type of events.
- Presentation. Presentation projectors, laptops, tabs, monitors, computers, are some of item to be rented.
- Exhibition. Exhibition booths including its accessories item that must be prepared by exhibitors.
- Music events and instruments. Stage and sound systems, guitars, instruments.
- Party Supplies. Tableware, linens, tables, chairs, tent, catering equipment, etc.
- Medical Equipment. Hospital beds, wheelchairs, etc.
- Consumer Electronics. Also, Gadgets. cameras, laptop, televisions, projectors, printers et
- Travel and Leisure. Surfing boards, bicycles, motorbikes, etc.
- And many more…
What about car rental? Will it fit? Well, it depends on your objective. If your interest is to see the availability in daily bases, then, yes, it fits. If you need more detailed information, like kilometers, car numbers etc, then you might consider other spreadsheets.
In conclusion, as long as your interest is to get the update of your current inventory and organize your booking, then this spreadsheet is your solution.